Friday, January 4, 2008

Mr. Good..... well most of the time!

Today Rawhide was really good! At first when I was trying to put on his halter he tried to budge through me to get out, so I so him who is boss! I grabbed his facebone and I said "No,quit it!" and then he threw his head up and I grabbed under his head and I told him No.. Then I told him I don't want to play games. I put the halter on and when I was trying to open up the stall door and he tried to run me over to get out so I grabbed his halter and I backed him up and I told him to give me some space, then I got him out!
There are two new horses at the barn Bravo and Ellie! Bravo the baby and Ellie is Rawhide's girlfriend! Rawhide pushes them around because he thinks he is the boss! LOL! well just an update! ttyl!

1 comment:

Mellimaus said...

Good job! I've posted 2 posts on my blog, too, take a look! I've also found that when you lead a horse, (Daisy's problem, too) if they try to walk really close to me(disrespectful)I hold on to the leadrope about 4 inches from the clip on the halter with my right hand, and then I hold the rest in my left hand. When they get too close, I shift my back toward them, and give them a tap on the shoulder and hind, and do it a little harder if they get too close again.